Baby Names UK - Community

Welcome to the Baby Names forum community!
Main site links:
Baby Names, Boys Names, Girls Names, Name Origins.

Register to remove this advert. Click here, it won't take long!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Did you/would you find out the sex at 20wk scan?

found out with my 1st two but not my 3rd nor number 4, sometimes I want to know sometimes I like the idea of a surpise also I know of people who have been told one sex when it turned out to be the other,
    Katy that was mainly being told they were boys and them being girls :/

Very true, Jamaka. I knew a girl who was told she was having a boy and the mistake wasn't found out till baby was born a boy. Mum found it very hard to bond with the baby as she had been expecting a boy, had boy clothes, boy nursery, and had named him Jack after her late father, and a little girl came out. It was very hard for her, I remember feeling so sorry for her when it happened

thats why when I told with my 1st two I still thought it may not be the case,
    they even said they cant be 100% sure so someways best not knowing

Quote Originally Posted by jamaka View Post
    found out with my 1st two but not my 3rd nor number 4, sometimes I want to know sometimes I like the idea of a surpise also I know of people who have been told one sex when it turned out to be the other,
    Katy that was mainly being told they were boys and them being girls :/
    oh don't worry, I know they sometimes get it wrong, although the doc who scanned was very sure it was a boy and pointed out all the parts - I've prepared Josh that they sometimes get these things wrong just incase - still only buying neutral just to be on the safe side
    Mummy to
    Charlie Samantha Valentine (15)
    Joshua James Levi (8)

Quote Originally Posted by katb12002 View Post
    oh don't worry, I know they sometimes get it wrong, although the doc who scanned was very sure it was a boy and pointed out all the parts - I've prepared Josh that they sometimes get these things wrong just incase - still only buying neutral just to be on the safe side
    Think if doc pointed out his bits then youre ok to buy blue I was never told 100% they always said they were 95% certain etc

Quote Originally Posted by jamaka View Post
    Think if doc pointed out his bits then youre ok to buy blue I was never told 100% they always said they were 95% certain etc
    I would have thought so too, but I saw on tv the other day, a doctor said people have been told the wrong sex at birth (told it was a boy, when actually their girl parts were just very swollen) and vice versa.
    I was told with Charlie they were only about 90% sure it was a girl, wheras with Josh it was the same doc who scanned me this time and she said 100%. I think she has a much better machine then average though and is the head scanner in the hospital (a doctor rather than a technician)
    Mummy to
    Charlie Samantha Valentine (15)
    Joshua James Levi (8)

lol reminds of the one born every min episode when the dad said on delivery of his baby 'its a boy he got a good pair of b***S on him ( or words to that effect) and it was a girl, it made me laugh and pity him as he must have felt alittle daft

Thread Information