Baby Names UK - Community

Welcome to the Baby Names forum community!
Main site links:
Baby Names, Boys Names, Girls Names, Name Origins.

Register to remove this advert. Click here, it won't take long!

View Poll Results: Which would you prefer?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sons

7 43.75%
  • Daughters

9 56.25%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Would you prefer...

Interesting question, I definitely want at least one of eacch at some point in my life. Saying that I think i'd be more upset if I ended up with all boys than I would if I had all girls. I voted girls.

Quote Originally Posted by vienna View Post
    I couldn't vote cos there isn't a "doesn't bloody matter" choice. Good health is the most important isn't it? I have 2 daughters and a son and they are all great. So for me good health is the most important NOT the gender.
    Like the other ladies have said, this poll is just for fun. Of course the most important thing to parents is good health

That said, I think it would be unnatural for someone pregnant who already had, say, 7 sons to not want a daughter, or vice versa. Of course. they'd be happy if they had an eighth son. But they might hope for a daughter.

I've been researching gender disappointment lately, just because it interests me, and its astounding. Gender disappointment can actually lead to post partum depression, which I never knew

Quote Originally Posted by NewMama22 View Post
    Gender disappointment can actually lead to post partum depression, which I never knew
    After my brother was born my mother was desperate for another boy, in those days you didn't find out the gender of the baby before it was born and so she had convinced herself it was a boy. Family tried to say "you know it could be a girl" but she honestly refused to believe it would be. When my sister Collette was born my mum had really bad post natal depression for over a year, she used to think things like "if I could find someone to take her then I could try again and have a boy!" Thankfully she got help and now her and my sister are so so close and she is clearly my mother's favourite (although mum would never admit it)! I think this might have something to do with her feeling guilty for not wanting her when she was tiny, so I agree that gender disappointment is a real thing and can lead to depression!
    Clara, Autumn, Marlow'
    Lain, Rafferty

Quote Originally Posted by vienna View Post
    I couldn't vote cos there isn't a "doesn't bloody matter" choice. Good health is the most important isn't it? I have 2 daughters and a son and they are all great. So for me good health is the most important NOT the gender.
    lol you do take things completly wrong way I remember the good ole days when you sulked and wanted your account deleted lol you not calmed in your old age

yes we want health first but most people still say ooo I'd love a boy or girl
    my Hubby doesnt care and most men I know dont seem to care, its more a girl thing I think

Quote Originally Posted by jamaka View Post
    lol you do take things completly wrong way I remember the good ole days when you sulked and wanted your account deleted lol you not calmed in your old age

yes we want health first but most people still say ooo I'd love a boy or girl
    my Hubby doesnt care and most men I know dont seem to care, its more a girl thing I think
    I'm not sure, I still think most men want a son to take to the footy and be a lad again with. Part of me thinks my OH wanted boys so he could mess around and be a child again with them!
    D.J.Z & M.N.Z

Current Favourites
    Flynn Orlando . Shay Arlo . Corbin Rudy . Jacoby Micah . Malachi Zach
    Indigo Mila . Noa Carmen . Saffron Winter . Kerensa Marielle . Hera Callista

Quote Originally Posted by mariaJ View Post
    I'm not sure, I still think most men want a son to take to the footy and be a lad again with. Part of me thinks my OH wanted boys so he could mess around and be a child again with them!
    maybe though fathers and sons tend to lock horns alot so I know alot of men want a 'daddy girl' but like everything people have (thankfully) different opinions on what they want

Thread Information