Baby Names UK - Community

Welcome to the Baby Names forum community!
Main site links:
Baby Names, Boys Names, Girls Names, Name Origins.

Register to remove this advert. Click here, it won't take long!

Thread: swaddling blankets

Default swaddling blankets

Does anyone have any experience with swaddling blankets - I've never heard of them before but was looking for a suitable blanket for when this one is born and came across them by accident - they had really good reviews mostly saying how much better they slept because of them - just wondered if anyone had any experience with them?
    Mummy to
    Charlie Samantha Valentine (15)
    Joshua James Levi (8)

It all depends on the baby, really. E loved it and it comforted her and she did sleep better, but V hated it so we didn't use them this time.
    If baby is cooperative, I definitely recommend them though! I got the one we used on E in TK Maxx, but I'm pretty sure they're available in most places.

Apparently they were really popular years ago but went out in the 70's. I was tempted to get one but have read that since they made a comeback there has been a rise in hip dysplasia
    My gorgeous girl "Peep" 04.01.11 & my beautiful baby girl "Pops" 07.08.12

I'd never seen them until I read this article on my local paper site:

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/dist..._hip_problems/

It seems as long as the little one can bend enough then they're fine. I've since seen some very cute ones that looks more like pouches, they have plenty of room and look quite cosy. I don't know enough about them to have an opinion on them really..!
    Last edited by HBMoose; 03-29-2012 at 04:46 PM.

Favourites:
    Isaac, Edwin, Fraser, Xavier, Tobias, Dennis, Amadeus
    Harriet, Aurelia, Esther, Eleanor, Ottilie, Beatrice

never used, though should try if baby slept better in them, as I had awful sleepers so maybe this is where I went wrong
    anyone tried a sling ? Im looking into getting one as like the idea of carrying around baby in one

Quote Originally Posted by jamaka View Post
    never used, though should try if baby slept better in them, as I had awful sleepers so maybe this is where I went wrong
    anyone tried a sling ? Im looking into getting one as like the idea of carrying around baby in one
    I had a baby carrier when Josh was a baby, it was a lot of messing and you needed help to get it on, but it was really nice to carry him around. I think the slings that are around now are so much nicer and look a lot easier to use so I would say definitely try one, you could always sell on ebay if you can't get the hang of it
    Mummy to
    Charlie Samantha Valentine (15)
    Joshua James Levi (8)

I used a ringsling for baby wearing when Phoebe was younger. Was invaluble for about 6 months. Was able to breast feed her in it too which was handy. You can pick them up quite cheaply on ebay. I swaddled Phoebe as a baby ad she slept well but was told to stop by hv (worried about the hip issue mentioned above). When I stopped swaddling sleeping hell broke loose and she continues to be a bad sleeper. The Gro-bag sleeping bags helped a little but didnt help with the thrashing arms issues!

Quote Originally Posted by jamaka View Post
    Babasling!! Really easy to use and it worked an absolute dream for me when my little girl didn't want to be put down.
    My gorgeous girl "Peep" 04.01.11 & my beautiful baby girl "Pops" 07.08.12

Apparently I refused to sleep without it... My little cousin hated it. So although no experience, from what I've heard it sounds like it's down to the individual baby, but definitely worth a try and you'll know soon enough if they don't like it

Thread Information