Baby Names UK - Community

Welcome to the Baby Names forum community!
Main site links:
Baby Names, Boys Names, Girls Names, Name Origins.

Register to remove this advert. Click here, it won't take long!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cadence & Brooke?

Brooke was the name of my cat who recently died. Because of that it feels like a pet name and it's a little harsh sounding, but I do like it, just wouldn't be able to use it myself.

Cadence is most definitely one of my guilty pleasures. I love the sound, it's very appealing to me and I like the musical association, but it does feel quite 'American' and I'm not sure I'd be brave enough to use it.

Brooke was a favourite of mine a few years back. I still like it, not sure if I like it enough to use it though. Cadence isn't really my style at all.

I like both names, I find Brooke to be quite a 'cool' name & I like the sound of Cadence, the OH is a fan too due to the musical connections.

Theres a Cadence in American Pie, shes pretty and really girly. So thats what I could imagine a Cadence to be like. Only thing that puts me off is that people would shorten it to KAY which is 45+woman to be, dont like that at all!
    Last edited by ChloeK; 05-02-2012 at 07:23 PM.

Cadence is way too American for me, I've never met or heard of anyone with the name but I see it a lot of the US site I use. It kind of reminds me of Candice, which is very chavvy and also the nickname Cadie sounds chavvy too so I'm not a fan, sorry.

Brooke is OK, I find it a little dated. The only Brooke's I've ever known are over 16 years old and I can't imagine meeting a Brooke in any of my classes. It isn't a bad name though and I much prefer it Cadence.

I think Brooke & Melody are amazing together!
    Favourites
    Noah - Isaac - Jude - Asher - Ezra - Micah - Caleb - Avery
    Arabella - Pandora - Matilda - Clementine - Beatrix - Imogen - Persephone - Valentina - Hermione - Ottilie

Thread Information